Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crazy Woman Creek

June Snow Showers


06/07/2009-Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming

Tech Info:
Shutter Speed: 1.3 sec.
Aperature: f/18
ISO: 100

Equipment Used:
Camera: Nikon D200
Lens: 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
A polarizing filter and a tripod were used.

Pros/Cons:
The light snow really made this image interesting. The soft light coming in from the top of the frame also adds interest. The bush in the front looks fine but the branch going out of the frame can be distracting.

Story:
One morning during the summer while I was conducting bird surveys I woke up to snow. I had not expected it at all so I got ready quickly and headed for this canyon which I had visited once before. The snow had fallen throughout the mountains so I wasn't dissapointed when I arrived at this canyon. All of this snow fell during one night in June. I spent about 2 weeks in the Bighorns and had almost every type of precipitation fall durning my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment