Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sable Falls

Leaves of Green

07/30/2009-Grand Marais, Michigan

Tech Info:
Shutter Speed: 1/3 sec.
Aperture: f/18
ISO: 100

Equipment Used:
Camera: Nikon D200
Lens: 24mm f/2.8
Filters: Polarizing Filter to reduce reflections/glare.
A tripod was also used.

Pros/Cons:
I really like how this image shows the vegetation that surrounds the waterfall. I could have been a little more careful with the leaf placement in the foreground. The cloudy weather made for great even lighting throughout the scene.

The Story:
This image was taken on my first visit to the falls. It was very overcast allowing me to photograph waterfalls even in the afternoon. I wanted to show as much green around the falls as I could in at least one image so I came up with this shot.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of your blog so I'm going to follow along and learn. :)

    ReplyDelete